7 Points About the XF 50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR
After shooting extensively with the XF 50-140mm F2.8, we would like to share a few points about this lens with you:
- Micro-Contrast: Superb and on a par with our beloved XF 56mm F1.2
- Optics: Bitingly sharp, to our eye, a notch better than Canon or Nikon equivalents
- Image Stabilization (OIS): 5-stops – YES, it works, we love it and use it, all the time
- Bokeh (out of focus area): Nice for the size of the sensor but we strongly prefer XF 56mm F1.2 in this regard
- Construction: All metal, looks and feels great
- Size: BIG and heavy – it is NOT a travel lens
- Price: Fair for what you are getting
That’s all for now. Here is our mini-session with Nicole shot exclusively with the XF 50-140mm F2.8 attached to the Fuji XT-1.
At the Vancouver Christmas Market (Provia/STD).
This Friday we are leaving for a 10-day trip to Death Valley, San Francisco, Nevada’s old towns and maybe some cruising along Route 66. Of course the XF 50-140 is going with us. We’ll keep you in the loop.
2014 © Olaf & Kasia Sztaba Photography. All rights reserved.