After shooting extensively with the XF 50-140mm F2.8, we would like to share a few points about this lens with you:
- Micro-Contrast: Superb and on a par with our beloved XF 56mm F1.2
- Optics: Bitingly sharp, to our eye, a notch better than Canon or Nikon equivalents
- Image Stabilization (OIS): 5-stops – YES, it works, we love it and use it, all the time
- Bokeh (out of focus area): Nice for the size of the sensor but we strongly prefer XF 56mm F1.2 in this regard
- Construction: All metal, looks and feels great
- Size: BIG and heavy – it is NOT a travel lens
- Price: Fair for what you are getting
That’s all for now. Here is our mini-session with Nicole shot exclusively with the XF 50-140mm F2.8 attached to the Fuji XT-1.
At the Vancouver Christmas Market (Provia/STD).
This Friday we are leaving for a 10-day trip to Death Valley, San Francisco, Nevada’s old towns and maybe some cruising along Route 66. Of course the XF 50-140 is going with us. We’ll keep you in the loop.
2014 © Olaf & Kasia Sztaba Photography. All rights reserved.
9 thoughts on “7 Points About the XF 50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR”
Just going along minding my own business convincing myself that I don’t need this lens (and several other XF lens) and I see these great pictures… now convincing myself that I really do need this lens.
Witam, pozazdrościć wyjazdu. Pozdrawiam z Gdańska. Mikołaj
Dzieki. Zawsze dobrze uslyszec od Ciebie.
enhorabuena por tus fotos muy buenas .¿están hechas en raw?
oh, and skip Rhyolite, which is perhaps the best known ghost town but it’s rubbish.
Thanks for your tips.
Lovely photos. Seems like a great addition to an already excellent lens lineup!
Thanks for your comment.